ANNUAL SPRING SHOW SCHEDULE
28th MARCH 2020
FLOWERS (OPEN CLASS)
1. Vase of Narcissi (includes daffodils): single variety or mixed
2. Vase of tulips
3. Vase of any mixed spring flowers (can include varieties mentioned in above classes)
4. Collection of polyanthus/primroses in pots or cut flowers
5. Vase of spring shrubs or flowering trees
6. Vase of mixed spring flowers, shrubs and trees
7. Any pot plant
8. Pot of bulbs (single or mixed varieties) - in flower
9. Any plant or flowers not specified in the above classes (single variety)
FLORAL ART (MEMBERS ONLY)
To commemorate VE Day 75th Anniversary and Battle of Britain 80th Anniversary
10. White Cliffs of Dover White flowers and foliage Max Width 30 inches
11. Remembrance Foliage and artificial poppies .. .. 12 inches
12. Union Flag Red, White and Blue flowers and foliage .. .. 12 inches
13. Spitfire Flowers and foliage .. .. 24 inches
14. Welcome Home Spring flowers and foliage only .. .. 15 inches
15. Camouflage Foliage and natural materials only .. .. 20 inches
FLORAL ART (OPEN CLASS)
16. V for Victory Flowers and foliage Max width 15 inches
FLORAL ART CHILDREN (OPEN CLASS)
Open to children (please state your age on entry form)
17. Dig for Victory Flowers, foliage and vegetables Max Width 15 inches
OPEN CHILDRENS' CLASSES (Please state age on entry form)
20. A Hard boiled egg with any red, white and blue decoration of your choice.
21. A giant cookie decorated in any way you choose. Max size 8 inches.
PHOTOGRAPHY (OPEN CLASS) Judged by the public for 'People's Choice' certificate
22. A Spring garden
23. A view to include a gate
24. Close encounter - a close up shot
25. A watery scene
26. Something wild, wacky or bizarre
PHOTOS NO LARGER THAN 7” x 5”. Max 2 entries per class (not previously displayed).
Name of exhibitor on all photos & name card provided.
COOKERY (OPEN CLASS)
27. A cake with a vegetable ingredient(s). Own recipe. 8 inches round
28. 4 Hot Cross Buns (standard recipe provided)
29. 4 Cheese Straws (max 6 inches long). Own recipe.
30. A lemon Meringue Pie - any size and recipe.
CRAFTS (OPEN CLASS) (Not judged)
31. Any craft(s) made by the exhibitor (up to 2 items). Maximum size 12” x 12”.
(Examples; embroidery, knitting, lace, wood, jewellery etc.)
GUIDANCE FOR COOKERY CLASSES
Class 27. Recipe must include at least one vegetable and should be integral to the cake.
Class 28. Standard is on page 9 of the schedule. Entries for this class must be made using the standard recipe provided.
Class 29 and 30. Own recipes to be used. Must be presented cold.
All entries should be presented on a plain plate and will be covered with mesh food covers provided by the club.